Is your company ready for the cloud?
The short answer is: of course. If you're not in the cloud already, probably you're late .
But, we know, probably you have doubts.
It's a relatively new technology, we know.
There's still people with concerns in regard to its safety standards, for example.
Some others argue that having a physical datacenter is better for their needs. It certainly depends of your case.
The book Is Your Company Ready for Cloud? By Pamela K. Isom Kerrie Holley (IBM Press) offers a valuable guide:
"If you are too tactical (implementation focused) in your cloud adoption pursuits, you run the risk of adopting solutions that temporarily add value with a rate of diminishing returns that is faster than you are able to offset".
"If your approach is too strategic, you run the risk of developing a strategy that is too high level, one that is difficult to relate to and might not get executed as you intended or your strategy becomes shelfware. What then can you do to guide successful cloud adoption in your company?".
Take our checklist
We have created a checklist for you before you consider implementing a cloud solution:
- Do you have enough internet capacity in the place where you want to use a cloud solution?
- Do you have an integration strategy for getting cloud solutions talking to each other?
- Do you have data? Do you want to learn from your data?
- Is your IT deparment flexible enough to deal with the constant changes and challenges that the cloud will provide?
- Does IT have a strong collaborative relationship with the business? For maximum success, cloud solutions should be co-owned by IT and business units. Each plays an important role, says the Coupla Blog.
- Does the core strength of the cloud solution match the core business requirement?
- Have you identified what cloud business adoption patterns are suitable for your company?
- How modern is your technology stack? You'll need to be up to date if you want to take fully advantage of the cloud opportunities.
- Can your legal team evaluate cloud contracts?
- What is your organizational readiness capacity for cloud adoption?
We also recommend you to read: 10 ways the cloud is impacting in your productivity
You may also like: If you love G-Suite, Workep is the best platform for you